Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just Imagine...

One of my favorite descriptions of God is found in Ephesians 3:20. The apostle Paul describes God as one "who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine." I don't know about you, but I have a pretty good imagination. I can imagine all kinds of nice things. And I've been known to ask for stuff too. I often ponder this verse as I wonder what God has in store for our family next. What is he going to do that I haven't even imagined yet?

I know his plans are good. They are plans for us to prosper, not plans that will harm us (Jeremiah 29:11). So, since I know that, it can be exciting to see what God will do to provide. What job opportunities will he bring? Just how does he plan to pay the mortgage next month?!?

This week I've been thinking about this work a lot. I started a new job on Monday - I am the new office coordinator for Multnomah University's Reno/Tahoe campus, and I LOVE it! I love the job, the people I work with, the school, the students and faculty that I have met so far. I love it. The hours are good and there is enough flexibility that I am not neglecting my family or our business. The pay is decent and I am eligible for half-price tuition!

To full appreciate this story, I should tell you that about 10 years ago I started thinking that I should go back to school some time and get a Masters degree. About 8 years ago I was doing some research and started learning about some of the programs that Multnomah offers. In fact, three years ago, when our family was trying to move out of Reno, I looked at Portland (home to Multnomah's main campus) to see if that was a viable option for our family. None of those doors opened and even after 2 years of trying to move to Idaho, we ended up staying in Reno.

In July, the small Bible college in Reno officially became a satellite campus of Multnomah and in August I saw the president at a church function (our pastor teaches there). On a whim, I sent him my resume and now I am on staff there! I never imagined that Multnomah would come to me the way that it did.

How about you? What do you imagine? What has God done for you that has been immeasurably more than you have asked or imagined?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's really cool! For me, the one that comes to mind the most is that after my sister died, he gave me 2 sisters to raise. But I've already said that about a zillion times.
What exactly do you do? I can see how being in an office interactive environment would feed you, energize you, and be such a joy to you! I'd love to here more about it.