Sunday, July 29, 2007

Favorite Quotes from "You're Late Again, Lord!"

As I referenced in an earlier posting, I have been reading a great little book by Karon Phillips Goodman called "You're Late Again, Lord!" I wanted to share with you some favorite quotes since I don't think I could express these ideas any better. Enjoy, be inspired, and buy the book!

  • So, when your life is at a standstill over what you can't control, and when you're waiting on answers that never seem to come, God says to use that time to work where you are. God says to learn the art of waiting purposefully. Maybe that's what God had in mind all along. Maybe that's why we wait. (p. 11)
  • He doesn't say wait and hope and sit quietly. He says to mount up, to run, and to walk--these are words that indicate anything but inaction. These words require work. These words come with a purpose. You can fulfill the Lord's purpose for you while you wait and hope. Waht a plan. I told you He was smart. (p. 17)
  • The time I spent waiting didn’t have to be endless and useless—it could be productive and dynamic. Living according to my Lord’s timetable included my work, too. I could be both prayerful and purposeful. I could “pray without ceasing” while I worked. I could listen and learn. God had prepared for my impatience. He had provided a place for me to grow. He was going to be there while we waited, to help me find what I had lost, and He and I both knew that was a long list. (pp. 28-29)
  • Even if you think you already know, you will be amazed at what God has to show you. It’s the difference betweeen holding a glass of water and standing in the ocean. (p. 97)
  • I can’t tell you what plans the Lord has for you, or that you will always understand them immediately, but I can tell you that you can know what to do each day—this day’s work. That’s enough. That’s all you need. (p. 124)
  • God has promised to help us, not just on Sundays or when we’re ill or when we have life-altering decisions to make, but forever. “Lo, I am with you always,” Jesus said (Matthew 28:20 NKJV). I don’t read any qualifying remarks there, do you? My Bible says “always” and there is no double meaning or outdated definition for that word. (p. 126)

3 comments:

Becky Hansen said...

HI Vickie,
I'm a fellow MOPS mom and blogger. This is recent venture for me in this world of blogging and my first time leaving a comment! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to getting to know you through your blog.
Blessings,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a without question as you did in the decrease delivery of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=access lock 3.2 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Just got this book at my Local Thriftshop!!and I Feel it was written for me!!in my Looong wait to get our Own Life Back I keep asking these same questions!!! Ny hubby and I and our teen son now have given 6 years of our Life taking care of my parents and the main one was my momma which we Lost in December 2011 for she was only 63 !!!!my daddy needs our Financial help for I'm ready to have our Own Life back!! It's soo very hard not to have our own place andPrivacy.....and for some crazy reason itself can't get my hubby to get his drive back to be a responsible husband !!!I dont wanna live in my Chilfhood home